If you are serious about build a thriving online business, you MUST build an email list. This is by far the best decision I’ve made online. Email has more users than Facebook and a higher reach than any other medium. Plus, it’s owned by you, not by a social network or anyone that can decide to shut you down or change the rules. Here are the tools I use for email marketing:
CONVERTKIT – (FROM $29/MONTH)
I have used all of the most popular and well-known email providers throughout my online career. ConvertKit blows them all away. This brilliant email marketing and automation service is hands-down my #1 choice for anyone looking to build a responsive email list (a must-do activity for all online entrepreneurs).
ConvertKit makes managing your email list and setting up autoresponders so easy and user-friendly. Their support is amazing and you’ll get a month for FREE, with this link!
GETRESPONSE – (FROM $15/MONTH)
If you don’t want to shell out the money for Convertkit right away then you may want to try Getresponse instead. It’s an affordable and powerful email marketing solution that is packed with incredible features. I use GetResponse on my lists that don’t require extensive automation or segmenting and it works flawlessly. They offer a 30-day free trial.
AWEBER – (FROM $19/MONTH)
This is another popular email marketing tool. I used Aweber for years to build my lists but in my opinion they have not kept up with their competitors. GetResponse is around the same price and offers more options and a much better user interface.
Active Campaign – (from $17/month)
I use Active campaign for my email lists that require complex automations (I use it for the quiz on this site). If I’m doing simple stuff like moving subscribers from one list to another I default to ConvertKit.
If you want to massively increase the amount of email signups from your website you should really consider getting a subscription to OptinMonster. You can use it to easily create popups, sidebars optin forms, flyins, end of post optin forms, and more. The exit intent technology is amazing and easy to set up.
Plans start at only $9.00 a month but that plan is pretty useless. To get the full power of the tool you will need to spend $29.00 a month.
VIDEO EDITING SOFTWARE
BASIC VIDEO EDITING SOFTWARE
- iMovie (Mac) – Equipped with an array of fantastic and practical video editing features, iMovie is an idea video editing tool for anyone. Comes with every new iMac, it’s free of charge and provides a wide range of effects and tools sets, thus it’s always considered as an essential tool for any Mac user to enhance their vologs.
- Windows Movie Maker (PC) – This is a free and very basic video editor that comes bundled with Windows. It is okay for beginners but as you progress you will really start to feel the limitations.
- YouTube Video Editor (Cloud Based) – This is YouTube’s free web-based video editor. This video editor lacks many features. It can however be useful for a while before the user decides on a better video editor software to purchase.
INTERMEDIATE VIDEO EDITING SOFTWARE
- Adobe Premiere Elements 14 (Mac/PC) – As a stripped-down version of Premiere Pro version, Adobe Premiere Elements has just enough features for video bloggers. By making use of automated options, special effects, and in-app guidance, you can easily turn your video clips to fantastic movies. It also supports many third-party plug-ins for additional features.
- Avidemux (Mac/PC/Linux)- Avidemux is another popular free video editing tool. It can handle most of the basic editing tasks such as crop, rotate, combine and cut very well. Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and powerful scripting capabilities. Besides that, it also stocks a list of filter options perfect for adding those extra finishing touches.
ADVANCED VIDEO EDITING SOFTWARE
- Final Cut Pro (Mac) – Final Cut Pro is a sophisticated video editing program. It offers different almost all the video editing features and options you can imagine, such as multi-cam synchronization support, batch sequence capture as well as third-party plug-in support. However, it’s one of the most expensive video editing software available on the market. So think twice before you make the final decision.
- Adobe Premier Pro (Mac/PC) – Many vloggers use Adobe Premiere to edit their videos. It’s seen as the industry-leading software for video editing. The clean, intuitive interface means it’s really easy to learn. Set it up with customised keyboard shortcuts to make it faster to use.
- Avid Media Composer (Mac/PC) – Avid Media Composer is designed for advanced users and video enthusiasts. It offers plenty of features such as animatte, 3D warp, paint, live matte key, color correction tool and much more to explore and apply. It has a detailed workflow and editing management for users. Besides, it also offers enhanced software and hardware options to increase the functionality of the program.
SCREEN CAPTURE SOFTWARE
If you want to capture the action on your desktop to video you are going to need screen capture software. Here are my 2 favorites:
Camtasia – The gold standard of screen recording software. Only useful on PC as their MAC version is pure garbage. It’s a bit expensive so if you want to start off with a free alternative you can try CamStudio.
ScreenFlow (Mac Only) – If you are a Mac user this is by far the best choice for screen capture software.